Monday, March 28, 2011

Where She Went / Gayle Forman / 208p.

In this sequel to If I Stay, three years have passed, and Adam and Mia have moved on to lead very separate lives.  Adam's band has risen to stardom and things have really changed for Adam.  The band doesn't get along very well and Adam's heart isn't really in the music anymore. Adam gets stuck in NYC and by chance comes across Mia giving a concert.  The two reconnect, explore Ne York, and start to process some of the events of three years ago together.

I had a little trouble getting into Adam's point of view on this one.  I think I was angry with him (or Mia) at the beginning--which in and of itself shows how compelling the novel is.  Forman's writing is, once again, beautiful and thought-provoking.  I read this one right after reading the first one--both in one sitting. 

(This book will be released on April 5, 2011)

2 comments:

  1. Jessi, how'd you get a hold of your pre-release copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get eBook galleys through NetGalley. :-) Sorry, I should have put that in the review!

    ReplyDelete